A winter wedding hardly seems like a perfect season to tie the knot. But a winter honeymoon is the perfect escape to some snow-capped destinations in the world, cuddling in front of the fire with mugs of hot chocolate or playing in the snow like kids. And because it happens to be Christmas time as well, it’s a romantic honeymoon setting with the golden candles in a European castle or some hotel hidden in the mountains. Feed each other winterberries, Apricots and cherries.
Explore on of the snow-capped mountains of Canada. The Rockies and the Laurentains are perfect for winter sports. Go skiing in one of the many ski resorts and enjoy the natural topography and snow. Whether you’re a serious skier or just a neophyte, there’s definitely something in store for you and your honey.
Tremblant is a skiing resort you can definitely visit, providing you with the sights of Quebec’s local color and a theme park. A quaint village, it offers brightly colored buildings with boutiques and restaurant dotting the streets. And to cap off an afternoon ski experience, there are wood cabin bistros and cafes where you can relax and enjoy. Fo some evening activity, your loved one and you can explore its many open-air theaters with performances of fire-eaters, clowns and live music. There are also skating activities in Lac Miroir and water slides at La Source. To cap off your day, cozy up in one of their wood cabins and drink hot chocolate in front of the fire.
Here are five other European destinations you can explore on your winter honeymoon.
Kitzbühel, Austria. An Alpine town perfect for skiing, Kitzbühel has chalets complete with fireplaces for cuddling up, top-notch cross country trails and downhill slopes and a perfect nightlife.
St. Moritz, Switzerland. Aside from the mountain slopes perfect for snow activities, there’s also the après-ski café fertig, a coffee with shots of schnapps you surely wouldn’t want to miss in your visit, dining at the La Marmite and of course, shopping at Armani and Cartier. For evening revelry, there’s the Badrutt’s Palace Hotel and a tour of small buildings connected by underground passageways at the Chesa Guardalej.
Courchevel, France. Part of a series of villages in the Trois Vallees area connected by the cable cars, this is the a good way to spend for skiing and partying during your honeymoon. You can sunbathe on the Riviera in the summer retreat here – and at winter, of all times.
Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy. Great food, great wine, great slopes…what more could you ask for? Skiing couple enthusiasts – both amateur and advanced—will enjoy what this place has to offer, not to mention the trails for cross-country lovers. Local restaurants give you a filling of homemade pasta and risotto and there’s dancing in the discos at night.
The Dolomite mountains are home to the sophisticated and elegant city of Cortina D'Ampezzo. Slopes are paradise for advanced as well as intermediate skiers, and there are trails for cross-country enthusiasts. Restaurants satisfy those who savor homemade pasta and risotto. Discos do exist, but dining out is nightlife enough for most.
Lillehammer, Norway. Probably the place of origin of skiing and slalom, Lillehammer Norway offers slopes, slopes and more slopes. With the 200 plus miles of cross-country trails and skiing slopes –all lit by torches—it’s a lovely way to spend skiing with your loved one. If not skiing, take a look at the world’s oldest skis on view at the Ski Museum in the capital city of Oslo.
There’s beauty to spending a white Christmas, a white wedding and a white honeymoon.
Honeymoon Destination Related Articles
- Spending a Romantic Honeymoon in the Most Luxurious Destinations
- Honeymoon Thrills at Cheaper Deals
- Honeymooners Ready to Go to Great Honeymoon Destinations
- Ultimate World Destination Guide for the Best Honeymoon Experience
- Want a Tropical Honeymoon? The Caribbean is an Excellent Destination
- Caribbean Honeymoon Destination: A Romantic Honeymoon Vacation with Your Spouse
- Exotic Destination to Spend Your Honeymoon
- Florida Beach is truly a Romantic Honeymoon Destination
- Honeymoon Extravaganza: All Inclusive Fun in your Honeymoon Destinations
- Honeymoon Thrills with a Great Honeymoon Idea
- Honeymooning in the Canada
- Looking for the Most Romantic Resort for Your Marriage Renewals?
- Outdoor Paradise in Colorado: An Ideal Honeymoon Destination
- Providing the Best Honeymoon at an Affordable Cost
- Sunny American Honeymoon Destinations
- The American Dream: Check out United States Honeymoon Destinations
- Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in-Demand These Days
- Top Island Destination to Spend a Romantic Honeymoon
- White Honeymoon: Going on Winter Honeymoon Destinations
- Why Tahiti is a Unique Honeymoon Destination