Small wedding receptions should still be as memorable and interesting as regular wedding receptions. It can be easy to slack on small wedding receptions, however, as most choose a small reception as a way to save money. These five tips will help to ensure that your wedding reception is still memorable while keeping a small size and small budget.
Treat It Like a Large Reception
If you are planning a small wedding reception, you do not want it to be lackluster. You want to make sure that your wedding reception has the look and feel of an elegant large wedding reception. Plan your wedding reception as if you are planning for this large wedding reception. This will help to ensure that your reception is enjoyable and memorable.
Avoid the Seating Arrangement
Seating arrangements are awkward, and can be made even more awkward by a small wedding reception. More and more couples are avoiding these seating arrangements and allowing their guests to sit where they please. You should consider this for your reception.
If you are planning on a seating arrangement, you need to plan for your guests. Consider smaller tables for smaller wedding receptions. This will allow you to separate those who may not get along well.
Consider Horse d'oeuvres
If you are hosting a small wedding reception, you may want to consider horse d'oeuvres over regular food. Horse d'oeuvres are perfect for those who want to provide food, but do not want to plan for RSVPs. Horse d'oeuvres will often cost less than full catering as well.
Don't Skimp on Details
The details are the most important part of any wedding reception. You need to make sure that you are paying attention to all of the small details of a usual wedding reception. Plan the decorations and table settings as if they were for a large reception. Planning for a grand reception will help you to keep a small reception more memorable and interesting.
Still Hand Out Wedding Favors
Wedding favors are an important part of any wedding. If you want to make sure that your small wedding reception is remembered, consider handing out favors. The wedding favors will be less expensive because of the numbers of your wedding reception. You may choose to spend more per favor, or to save the money for other reception uses.
The trick to a small wedding reception is to treat it like a large reception while still keeping your budget in mind. This will help to give your reception the air of importance that it deserves.
You should realize that planning is still necessary for a small wedding reception. Small wedding receptions that do not have the necessary amount of planning seem empty and monotonous. Use serious planning, even with a small budget, to ensure that your small wedding reception is still important and memorable.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food