One of the biggest focal points of a wedding reception is the beautiful wedding cake. That towering, flowering, blinding beautiful wedding cake with the two people standing on top, that the bride and groom cut and then feed to one another.
Although a lot of brides and grooms go with the traditional pound cake taste, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Flavor - If you don’t go with the traditional pound cake taste for all of your layers, keep in mind that not everyone is going to like lemon or raspberry, or any other exotic flavors.
One popular alternative is chocolate chip cake. Another idea is to go with alternating chocolate and vanilla.
The top of your cake is traditionally saved and eaten on your first wedding anniversary. So choose the flavor that both of you will enjoy and make that your wedding topper.
Although a lot of cakes are purchased in a traditional bakery, there are a lot of supermarkets that make delicious cakes that aren’t as expensive.
If you are working on a budget, shop around for prices on wedding cakes and be sure to sample them. You may be surprised at what supermarkets can do.
If you have someone that has taken a cake decorating class and makes great cakes, you may find that they will do it as a wedding present and it will save you some money.
A wedding cake doesn’t have to be expensive to be delicious, and you can find plenty of money saving ideas when looking for your wedding cake.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food