The wedding is a ceremony that is celebrated anywhere in the world. Different cultures have different ways of performing this but all of them have the purpose of formalizing a union between two individuals.
Originally, weddings were meant for a union between a man and a woman only. However in recent years, there have been parts of the world where same-sex marriages are allowed. This still sparks controversy among the majority of the population but this is something that has definitely changed the way how people look at this ceremony.
As mentioned earlier, weddings are celebrated differently by different cultures. While there are those who only choose to have a simple ceremony, other cultures make a banquet out of it. These large celebrations can last up to several days.
Also, each culture has its way of performing the ceremony. Sometimes, traditional ceremonies are combined with religious practices that make for a truly unique wedding.But things somehow change and there are newer practices followed by couples in their wedding. In past, the couple took a very active role of planning their own wedding. Today, wedding planners make it convenient for couples to plan their wedding by leaving everything to the planner. All the couple has to do is provide their budget and their vision for the wedding and the wedding planner will do the rest.
However, no matter how uniquely different traditions hold their weddings, what remains constant throughout the world is that the couples are the stars in this ceremony.
Wedding Guide Related Articles
- Reasons To Choose Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers For Your Wedding Cake
- 4 Reasons to Choose Your Dress From Discounted Wedding Dresses
- 4 Things To Consider With Wedding Cake Icing
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Wedding Cake
- 4 Ways To Choose Between Bridal Gown Designers
- 5 Ideas For Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- 5 Tips For Planning A Cheap Wedding Reception
- 5 Tips For Planning A Wedding
- 7 Important Steps Of The Christian Wedding Ceremony
- Bridesmaid Dress Conflicts and Resolving Them
- Choosing a DJ for your Wedding Reception
- Choosing a Wedding Caterer
- Choosing a Wedding Gown
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Wedding Attendants
- Choosing Your Wedding Gown
- Getting a Wedding Photographer
- Greek Wedding Checklist
- Holiday Wedding Favors
- Ideas for Wedding Party Gifts
- Introduction to Weddings
- Other Wedding Jobs for Friends
- Planning Your Wedding
- Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
- Selecting Flowers for a Wedding
- Small Wedding Receptions 5 Tips To Consider
- The World’s Different Wedding Customs and Traditions
- Tips on Buying a Wedding Ring
- Tips on Buying an Engagement Ring
- Wedding Invitations
- Why Get a Wedding Planner?
- Your Wedding Reception Food