If you are too shy to approach someone you like, the mobile phone is the way to go. Through a text message, you can send out your love without fear of rejection. For this year alone, nearly 4 million subscribers have accessed these dating services. Phone dating services have grown massively over the past years, some service providers claiming that their services are for free. When you see ads of phone companies that say "free phone dating services," you can't help but wonder if this is true. In these advanced times where practically nothing is free, one can't help but wonder what the catch is.
These phone dating services have similar functions. They ask you to register, whether online or through text. Here you choose a user name and give some details about you such as your age, gender, location and interests. This information is sent to a database where other members can access. They can then send messages to the username, and vice versa. This method is practically safe because you are able to communicate without necessarily giving out each other's numbers.
In reality, these dating services are not absolutely for free. What they really mean is a free registration or a free trial of the service. After all, it takes one text message to join and register. After registration, any text message or call that you make to a potential date shall be charged, depending on their standard rates. For instance, if you want to make a search for females within your locality for a certain age group, you will be asked to send a keyword or message to a specified number. When the information that you asked for is sent back, these phone companies, more often than not, charge you for that.
There are some mobile phone dating companies that operate in another way. Instead of just sending text messages through the phone company, you can make a direct phone call to someone without revealing your number, or the other person's number. While these companies claim to provide free services, the mobile phone company will still charge you. In effect, the service is not free, as you are still made to pay after all.
For some areas and mobile phone companies, there is what they call proximity dating services. These companies alert you if someone whom you might be interested in is within a certain radius from you. You are then able to send messages to each other, and maybe plan to meet.
Phone dating services are more convenient than online dating services. You don't need to log in a computer just to check your messages or email. You can read your text message within a few minutes or seconds from the moment it was sent. That is why more people are into it than internet dating services.
When you see companies that claim to provide free phone dating services, look closer. While they may not charge you for the service, the mobile phone company may still charge you with the standard rates of a text message. But nevertheless, it is a more secure and practical way to meet new friends and build new relationships. Ask your mobile phone company if they have phone dating services. Or you can visit websites of these service providers. The person you are looking for may just be a text or phone call away.
Dating Related Articles
- Best Online Dating Services: An Overview
- Christian Online Dating Services: What's in Store for You
- Dating Match Services: Why Consider it?
- Dating Services – The Way to the Future
- Dating Services Consumer Complaints: A Deep Look at them
- Free Christian Dating Services – Are They Really Free?
- Free Dating Services - Things That You Should Know About
- Free Phone Dating Services – How Do They Work?
- Free Single Dating Services: Some Tips for You
- How Safe are Free Online Dating Services?
- Internet Dating Services – Finding the Right One
- Local Internet Dating Services: An Unforgettable Experience
- Make the Most Out of Online Dating Services
- On Line Dating Services
- Protect Yourself from the Dangers of Internet Dating
- Romanian Dating Services: Things to Keep in Mind
- The Truth about Russian Dating Services
- Totally Free Adult Dating Services – Do They Exist?
- What are Phone Dating Services?
- What to Remember about Senior Dating Services