Wedding planning is stressful indeed because of the all of those things that you must get done before your big day! One of these things that you will want to see to yourself is choosing and buying wedding favors. Luckily this is going to be one of the easier tasks.
Wedding favors are the little gifts that the bride and groom give to everyone who comes to the wedding. These are a simple way of thanking your guests for being part of your special day.
These very special little timeless keepsakes hold special significance to the bride or groom. One thought for you grooms is to give your guy friends and guests baseball caps that have your favorite baseball team’s logo and your wedding date. Hey brides why not give your lady friends and guests a small bottle of your favorite perfume. You might also want to make your favors from both of you. These are perfect for everyone and can be as simple as a bookmark that has a special message and your wedding date written on it in gold lettering.
These special little gifts are a reminder of the special memories of your wedding day that you can look back on for many years to come. You need to make sure that your favors are just your style. With so many different styles of weddings nowadays, is it any wonder that couples have a tough time with this? You really do not want your favor (fancy) to upstage your wedding (casual); nor do you want to go the other way—having your casual wedding favors looking out of place at a fancy wedding. What a catastrophe!
You will never go wrong in choosing a traditional wedding favor, as they will never go out of style. Ribbons and chocolates are the most common traditional favors out there. Did you know that ribbons have a historical connection to marriage that goes back to Elizabethan England? The phrase ‘Tying the Knot’ comes from ribbons tied in a knot symbolizing marriage. Royalty used gold and silver ribbons while commoners used blue and white ribbons. Chocolate is a very popular wedding favor. You can either buy or make heart or bell or cake shaped chocolate favors, but please remember that chocolate melts rather quickly on a hot day. You are only limited by your imagination.
If you want to make your own wedding favors, by all means… go ahead, it is your wedding. No one is saying that you absolutely must go with traditional wedding favors. It is your choice if you choose to give something like baskets of homemade baked treats or a silk flower arrangement or exotic soaps or whatever catches your fancy. The idea here is to choose something that will be a special keepsake that personifies you.
If you are looking for the convenience of being able to order those favors in bulk, look no further than your computer and the Internet. All you need to do is type “wedding favors” in a search engine and you will be given plenty of stores to choose from. Remember to order those wedding favors as soon as you both have made your choice. You will need to allow extra time for your favors to be custom made and shipped.
When it comes to the cost, you truly do not need to do something super extravagant (unless your wedding is). The perfect wedding favor is one that says “Thank you for sharing our special day with us.” and reminds you that special feeling every time you look at it.
Wedding Favor Related Articles
- A Guide to Choosing and Buying Wedding Favors
- Candles Make Lovely And Cheap Wedding Favors
- Cheap Wedding Favors
- Delegating the Responsibility of Selecting Wedding Favors
- Do You Have To Give Wedding Favors?
- Easy Wedding Favors
- Edible Wedding Favors
- Edible Wedding Favors Are Quick And Easy
- Holiday Wedding Favors: Unique Favors For Your Special Day
- How To Make Your Own Wedding Favors
- Last Minute Wedding Favors
- Personalized Wedding Favors
- Practical Wedding Favors
- Selecting Wedding Favors
- Setting a Budget for Wedding Favors
- Shopping for Wedding Favors
- Shopping for Wedding Favors with Your Fiancé
- Spring Wedding Favors
- The Modern Wedding Favor
- Unique Wedding Favor Ideas
- Unique Wedding Favors for Each Table
- Wedding Favor Boxes Provide Endless Possibilities
- Wedding Favors Etiquette
- Wedding Favors for a Beach Themed Wedding
- Wedding Favors for a Fall Wedding
- Wedding Favors for a Romantic Wedding
- Wedding Favors for Children
- Wedding Favors for Less Than One Dollar
- Wedding Favors for Summer Weddings
- Wedding Favors for Winter Weddings
- Wedding Favors Your Guests Will Love
- Wrapping Wedding Favors